Have you heard? Chestermere is on an exciting new course building increased stability. Our Council has approved their updated strategic plan and we have recently completed an organizational re-design influenced by staff. Are you interested in being a part of integrating these changes forward to carry our beautiful City to a bright future? Are you looking to share your innovations and make an impact? If this sounds like you, let’s meet!
Chestermere offers a unique employment experience. Every position offers a diverse portfolio enabling our staff to build a broad professional profile and gain an expanded set of knowledge in their role. The City offers alternative work arrangements, additional recognized holidays, a strong mental health focus, various training and tools for professional development and a strong recognition program.
The City is currently seeking a fulltime (37.5 hours per week) Contracts and Procurement Coordinator to join our dynamic team. As a member of the Community Growth and Infrastructure team, this position provides technical expertise and advice in support of the municipality’s overall operations and development.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- This employee is the City representative and primary contact for major vendors for coordinating specific municipal services, special projects, and monitoring performance, to ensure operational objectives are met in a cost-effective manner, and that any required reporting is completed.
- Provide support to various departments in negotiating, preparing, executing and managing diverse procurements including, but not limited to, contracts/agreements, Request for Proposal (RFP)/Invitation to Tender (ITT)/Request for Quotation (RFQ).
- Prepare, examine, analyze, negotiate, and revise contracts that involve major purchase of operation products and services such as: Water, Sanitary and Storm-water operations and other contracts as requested by the Manager.
- Create, monitor, and provide information as part of the Contracts Database.
- Champions best practices for procurement, writes and implement procurement and contract management strategies.
- Manage the day to day and long-term contracts, including approval and any necessary changes that occur over the course of the contract.
- Remain current and informed on public utility costs, models, regulations and best practices.
- Play a key role in establishing well-defined emergency and contingency plans and procedures, ensuring a link between the City's plans and vendor emergency plans.
Consideration will be given to those candidates who possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce focusing in Supply Chain Management or a similar field.
- Minimum three (3) years of directly related working experience in contract and procurement management.
- Knowledge and experience in municipal, county, or provincial government is preferred but not required.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of procurement and contract management practices, policies, procedures, tender/contract law, and trade agreements.
A detailed job description is attached. The City appreciates receiving resumes from all qualified
individuals, however only those applicants who are short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
As Alberta’s fastest growing municipality, the City of Chestermere has rapidly evolved from a charming summer village into a dynamic lakeside community for over 20,000 residents. The beautiful lake, excellent schools, safe communities, pleasant neighbourhoods, growing opportunities, and an 18-hole golf course all contribute to the ambiance of a family friendly oasis. Chestermere is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Submit a cover-letter and resume referencing Job Competition 2019- Contracts and Procurement Coordinator by 4:00 pm, Friday June 21, 2019 to:
City of Chestermere
105 Marina Road
Chestermere, Alberta, T1X 1V7
Attention: N Kaur
Fax: (403) 204-7681