Position Type/ Hours:
This is a permanent full-time position working seventy (70) hours bi-weekly within the Total Rewards Branch of the Human Resources Department. This position is located in the community of Fort McMurray, the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo’s urban centre.
The Coordinator, Disability is responsible for providing coordination, administration and implementation of Disability Management and WCB portfolios. This position represents the Disability and Benefits branch by providing an elevated level of customer service to employees and providers. Primary responsibilities of this position include:
Administration: Manages the administrative functions of Disability Management portfolio to ensure accuracy and maintenance of records, HR Systems, SAP data (when applicable), databases, documents, and statistical reports. Reviews invoices, budget and expenditure information for accuracy. Processes charges and tracks costs. Organizes activities for other related programs and projects as required.
Departmental Support: Assists with research and development of department initiatives and programs. Analyzes department goals and objectives and ensures tasks are aligned and meeting service levels. Responds to enquiries in a timely manner, assists with service delivery, and maintains best practices. Act as a liaison between benefits providers, WCB, and employees. Assists with other departmental responsibilities as needed.
Departmental Coordination: Assists with administers and coordination of Disability management program. The incumbent supports the disability benefits and WCB process by assisting with orientation, and by assisting with required paperwork, ensuring it is processed accurately and in a timely manner. Maintains and administers STD, LTD, and WCB and assists with other aspects of benefit plans as needed. Meets with and educates employees to provide options and processes regarding STD/LTD/WCB/modified work, as well as continuation of benefits. Works directly with providers and other departments to ensure efficient administration, and advocates on employee’s behalf as required. Participates and assists with various branch and departmental projects as required.
- Diploma in Business Administration, Human Resources, or other related field is required.
- Three (3) years of experience in Human Resources, preferably in disability benefits, return to work, and WCB processes.
- Certified Return to work Coordinator (CRTW) is an asset.
- Experience working with SAP is preferred.
- Experience working in a public-sector environment with unionized and non-unionized employees considered an asset.
You will possess the following:
- Knowledge of, or ability to gain knowledge of, Disability benefits plans and WCB processes for a variety of divisions (unionized and non-unionized).
- Ability to effectively interact with internal and external clients while providing a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in SAP modules, as well as Microsoft Office programs (Excel).
- Sound judgement, and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality of materials and information.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing, in person and over the phone with employees on very sensitive matters while maintaining professionalism and empathy.
- Demonstrates listening skills, clarifies information as needed, and conveys information in a clear and concise manner.
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
- an extensive employer paid benefits plan
- an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living allowance
Internal & External (Posted: October 6, 2020)
To apply please visit our website at www.rmwb.ca