Parkland County has a permanent, full-time Corporate Planning & Intergovernmental Advisor position available within Strategic Planning & Intergovernmental Affairs. Under the direction of the Manager, Strategic Planning & Intergovernmental Affairs, the Corporate Planning & Intergovernmental Advisor will provide intergovernmental support to the organization by developing and fostering relationships with key elected and administrative officials and addressing issues and opportunities with various levels of government. This position will support the County’s commitment to corporate planning by facilitating the development of corporate business plans and ensuring the alignment of departmental business plans and operations to Council strategic goals and priorities as well as integrating the business plans with the budget. This position will also be responsible for the alignment of County policies and administrative directives to Council’s Strategic Plan as well as ensuring efficiency and effectiveness is achieved throughout the organization through the development of performance measures and targets.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Public Administration or other related discipline. A certificate in change management, project management, municipal leadership, public facilitation and engagement or strategic planning would be considered an asset.
- Five years of experience in municipal, provincial, federal or non-profit sector along with direct and progressively responsible experience in strategic/corporate planning and/or intergovernmental affairs.
- Experience managing complex projects and work assignments, facilitating engagement sessions and change management planning and implementation.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills along with the ability to building strong working relationships.
- The ability to plan and implement multiple projects at the same time while still being able to respond to emerging issues and changing priorities.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
Rate of Pay: $84,830 - $106,040 per annum
Hours of Work: 7 hours/day; 35 hours/week
Competition Closing Date: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Day Off Program.
Interested candidates are invited to apply on our website at https://www.parklandcounty.com.
Parkland County has a nepotism policy in effect which limits the consideration of employees’ relatives for employment. Please contact Human Resources for further information on this policy (including the definition of a relative under this policy).
For further information on our organization, please visit www.parklandcounty.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. The personal information submitted pursuant to this advertisement is being collected under the authority of the Municipal Government Act and will be used for Parkland County employment opportunities only. The personal information that you provide may be made public, subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.