The Town of Drumheller is seeking an individual to fill the Crew Park Foreman position. This position is responsible for the maintenance of all green spaces owned or controlled by the Town of Drumheller, including parks, sports fields, cemetery grounds, boulevards, highway right of ways and rinks. Maintains the Town's irrigation systems. Maintains all Town trees including at the tree farm. Oversees the Town's mosquito and weed control programs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum Grade 12 or GED. Preference given to those with a completion of Apprentice Arborist certification program or equivalent.
- Post secondary program in groundskeeper, park management, agriculture or related program.
- Supervisory courses from the Canadian Public Works Association or Alberta Recreation Facility Personnel Association or equivalent courses.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Biting Fly license from the province of Alberta.
- Three (3) years related experience in park management, preferably in a municipal environment and at a supervisory level.
- Must be physically fit with the ability to withstand normal working conditions.
- Performs all duties with a minimum of supervision and works effectively with variable work loads.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Hands-on application and use of computer systems and applications, including Microsoft Office applications. A
- ble to use light hand tools. Valid Class 3 Driver's license with Air Brake endorsement.
- May be required to take training related to the duties of this position.
Hours: 40 hours per week - Monday - Friday. Will be required to assume On-call duties on a rotational basis
Pay Scale: $37.16 per hour
Resumes may be submitted by 4:30 p.m. December 8, 2018 to:
Town of Drumheller
224 Centre Street
Drumheller, Alberta T0J 0Y4
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.