The City of Beaumont is seeking a skilled administrative professional to join our Planning and Development Team. Our team is collaborative, professional, fun and passionate about providing exceptional customer service to builders, developers, stakeholders, and the residents of Beaumont! This Administrative Assistant position is responsible for quality and timely intake, distribution and issuance of safety code permits (building, plumbing, gas and electrical), development permits; redistricting applications, subdivision applications and other administrative support to the Current and Long Range Planning areas.
As the first point of contact in the Planning department, you thrive in a fast paced environment, have excellent communication skills and have a keen eye for detail. This individual will apply their solid understanding of permitting and the Land Use Bylaw to ensure builder and homeowners’ development goals are achieved (training on specific processes will be provided as necessary).
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Providing initial contact for inquiries and information on land development applications, permit processes, and land use regulations to contractors, builders, developers, residents, etc.
- Assisting with the development of a new electronic permitting system and once electronic permitting is in place, aiding with related inquiries.
- Gathering and organizing information for Planning staff by receiving land development and permit applications, ensuring the applications are complete, and if necessary following up with applicants to obtain any required information.
- Taking payments and processing of permit, re-inspection, lot grading and other fees, including balancing the cash drawer daily.
- Maintaining accurate records to aid in generating monthly and yearly statistical reports.
- Maintaining and transferring hard-copy to electronic records and files.
- Providing support to the organization in certain aspects of the City’s business licenses process.
- Supporting other department and organization Administrative Assistants as needed.
- Assisting the Planning and Development team with a variety of administrative duties including scheduling appointments, preparing letters, mail-outs, updating department brochures, maintaining information on website pages as needed.
As the ideal candidate, you will:
- A two-year Legal, Business or Administrative Diploma, or other post-secondary education in a related discipline.
- Have superior attention to detail, strong organization and time-management skills, and ability stay on task in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoy working as part of a team and working independently with initiative to complete assigned processes with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on clear and professional communication, customer service, and relationship building.
- Minimum of two years’ related work experience (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite, website editing, and/or other business-related software.
- A positive attitude with a willingness to provide support and familiarize applicants with set processes via telephone, in person and in writing to ensure applicant experience is informative and positive.
- Willingness to learn and be trained in detailed land development processes directly related to job duties.
- General knowledge of real estate, construction, building and development permit processes, and land use bylaws is considered an asset, but training will be provided where required.
- Experience working with Docushare and Cityworks PLL or other electronic permitting software considered an asset, but training will be provided where required.
This position offers a salary range of $51,852-$67,655 (starting salary is negotiable within this range based on suitable experience and qualifications), a competitive benefits package, enrolment in LAPP, and a 35-hour work week. If you think you are the one we are searching for please email your cover letter and resume, indicating the Job ID number 21-02 in the subject line, to email@example.com by January 31, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.