The City of Spruce Grove is a fast growing, dynamic city committed to building and maintaining a fiscally responsible community that serves our residents, attracts visitors and promotes future growth. Through the actions of the Values We Live By, accountability, communication, leadership, integrity and respect are encouraged, while maintaining a work, play balance.
This is a customer service focused, front-line position responsible for both cash handling priorities and being the first point of contact for all utility account services and inquiries. This position is also responsible for front-line reception which comprises operating the multi-line switchboard and providing in-person reception for City Hall. This position has shared accountability with other Customer Accounts Representatives in the same role and works closely with all functional areas of the Treasury section. This position reports to the Assistant Controller - Treasury.
Cash Handling responsibilities, including:
- Receipt all funds received at City Hall as well as any funds deposited into general operating account.
- Consolidate all satellite batches to create City's daily deposit.
- Manage utility and tax pre-authorized payment program.
- Calculate pre-authorization amounts and educate customers about program requirements.
- Provide cash handling expertise to satellite locations to promote compliance with City policies and procedures.
- Tabulate and deposit transit cash fares.
- Process NSF returned items and charges.
Customer Service & General Administration responsibilities, including:
- Provide general municipal information to the public and support City initiatives and programs.
- Monitor and route emails received through the City's general inbox.
- Create electronic work orders to document and route requests for service.
- Educate customers with general information regarding tax and utility pre-authorized payments.
- Act as the first point of contact for all utility inquiries received via telephone, electronically or in person with the goal of providing same day service. Determine customer needs and explain billing practices and service delivery.
- Process utility account applications, including move-in and move-out requests.
- Examine customer history to determine if applicants have prior debts with the City and discuss with applicant payment of debt.
- Notifying customers of NSF transactions and applying applicable fees to the customer account and monitoring for repayment.
- Open, sort, distribute and process in-coming mail.
- Issue monthly Transit bus passes to retail outlets. Reconcile unsold passes once pass sales are closed and maintain transit bus pass inventory.
- Post-secondary one (1) year certificate in Business Administration, General Accounting or equivalent.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years’ experience in a cash processing and front-end customer service environment.
- Basic knowledge of accounting required.
- Knowledge of municipal operations and utility services is an asset.
To apply for this postion, a full job description and more information about the City of Spruce Grove please visit our website at www.sprucegrove.org.