Join a vibrant outdoor centric community filled with trails and breathtaking nature along the winding river valley of Red Deer, in Central Alberta. Red Deer is an economically dynamic region of Alberta situated directly between Edmonton and Calgary along the vital QE 2 corridor. It’s a perfect blend of small town friendliness and big city conveniences. Host to the 2016 Memorial Cup and the 2019 Canadian Winter Games, Red Deer continues to welcome all of Canada with open arms.
This position is responsible for the Property Assessment operations and programs, data management, the internal audit of processes and quality assurance for all City assessment functions, providing technical and process advice, carrying out special projects and acting as City Assessor in their absence. This position requires exceptional communication and negotiation skills in order to build strong relationships with other departments and external stakeholders including other orders of government, professional associations and property owners/agents.
Ideally to fill this role you will have a diploma in Real Property Assessment from a recognized institute or equivalent and be an Accredited Municipal Assessor of Alberta (A.M.A.A.) and/or Certified Assessment Evaluator (C.A.E.) and/or Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute (A.A.C.I.) designation.
In addition you will have:
- Minimum 7 years of valuation experience that includes Residential, Commercial/Industrial and Special Use Property of which at least 4 years have been in assessment.
- Minimum 2 years experiencein a supervisory role.
- Extensive knowledge of real estate valuation and mass appraisal techniques and sound judgment.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and synthesize recommendations and decisions from diverse information.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate, guide and develop staff in a fast-paced environment, requiring attention to accuracy and diplomacy and preparing employees for professional succession.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant Alberta Acts, Regulations, and governance pertinent to assessment.
- Thorough knowledge of computer applications, including spreadsheets, intermediate Database structure, and multiple regression analysis.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong skills in synthesizing data and information, preparing and presenting reports to a variety of stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License and provide vehicle for business use.
What we offer:
In addition to the competitive annual salary of $100,697 to $125,872 and an excellent benefits package, we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of professionals.