This position will be responsible to assist the Municipal District of Willow Creek Manager (Fire Chief) with the coordination of Fire, Rescue and Medical First Response within the Municipal District of Willow Creek with 5 partner communities administered by a Regional Fire Agreement.
The successful individual will assist in the coordination of the operational, capital and training budgets of the partners who are a party to the regional agreement, and will assist in regional training initiatives of firefighters to ensure a common level of service with all partner fire services. The Deputy Fire Chief will assist in the development of Operational Guidelines will act as the Deputy Director of Emergency Management for the inter-municipal emergency management plans that have been established and will provide progressive and collaborative leadership on behalf of the Municipal District of Willow Creek with all partner agencies.
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience in emergency services in a Fire Chief or Deputy Fire Chief Position
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (oral and written), problem-solving, decision-making, organizational, public relations, conflict management, mediation, investigative, planning, and customer service skills and the ability to interact in a manner which builds trust, credibility, and rapport with volunteer firefighters, municipal council and administration and most importantly the citizens and municipal partners of the Municipal District.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and to remain calm and neutral in conflict situations.
- Demonstrated leadership in an ‘on-call’ firefighter environment, with proven ability to lead and empower firefighters, to provide effective command over firefighting personnel, combined with the ability to build team work and collaboration within all 5 of the fire departments providing service to the Municipality.
- Ability to prepare an annual capital and operating budget, prepare invoices for services rendered, and to maintain training and service records.
- Ability to work in a computerized environment including use of FirePro2
- Act in the capacity and undertake all requirements of the ‘Joint Fire Services Coordinator’ contained within the Regional Fire Agreement when delegated by the Emergency Services Manager to do so.
- First Aid and CPR Training Certification
- Primary Care Paramedic certification an asset
- NFPA Firefighter 1001 Level 2
- NFPA 1002 Level 2 Fire Apparatus Driver / Operator
- NFPA 1021 Level 2 Fire Officer
- NFPA 1041 Level 2 Fire Service Instructor
- NFPA 1051 Wildland Firefighter
- Safety code officer Group B1 or higher with the requirement to achieve Safety Code Group C1 or higher within 2 years of hiring
- ICS 300 minimum
- The ability and interest to achieve additional certifications and qualifications as required.
- Valid Class 3 Alberta Operators Certificate with ‘Q’ (air brake) endorsement.
- Residency within the M.D. of Willow Creek is a permanent job requirement.
- This position will require daytime, evening and weekend emergency response on a rotating basis in coordination with the MD of Willow Creek Emergency Services Manager.
- Physically capable for firefighting service.
- Exciting Opportunity to work in a team-based, supportive environment.
- Fulfilling and Challenging position.
- Ongoing opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Comprehensive benefit plan including pension.
- Positive working environment.
- Competitive compensation.
www.mdwillowcreek.com - Check out our community and our lifestyle.
Only e-mail applications accepted at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org