As one of Canada’s fastest growing municipalities, Rocky View County offers significant opportunities for professional development. Our dedicated employees work with a variety of stakeholders to develop innovative and unique solutions for the complexities of rural and urban development. We seek individuals who thrive on challenges, who provide excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment, and whose positive energy enables the County to grow and prosper.
The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for first and front line support of all computer systems including providing front line support on Office and Database systems, deployment of new and existing hardware, developing documentation for internal employees, and performing in-house training for internal employees. The Technician works under the direction of the Information Services Supervisor and Manager to provide computer support to all County Departments, particularly for the following key areas:
- Server Administration and Support
- Application Support
- Information and Network Security
- Hardware/Software Deployment
- Planning and Organization
- Mail Servers - operate exchange servers and services.
- Operate Windows Servers and services.
- Provide daily operational support for the voice mail system.
- Business Process - Gain knowledge of how day-to-day business is done to develop applications integrated into the overall process.
- Data Modeling - Design SQL tables and Business Rules to enforce data integrity.
- Reporting - Work with Departments to meet their reporting needs.
- Maintenance - Maintain applications to meet the changing and expanding needs of all Departments.
- Document both internal workings of application (client/server) and user interface.
- Deploy new hardware; support other Departments in the selection of computer related hardware.
- Deploy new software and related services. Support other Departments in the selection of commercial or custom software.
- Operate Firewalls.
- Deploy and operate anti-virus solutions on Servers and desktops. Ensure anti-virus software is up to date.
- Operate and monitor Rocky View data backup systems.
- Ensure software applications and services are running the most current service patches or updates.
- Design and deploy Rocky View-wide security policies for domains, email, file, and database access.
- Design and conduct in house training courses on municipal applications and commercial software.
- Adhere to Health and Safety Legislation and Rocky View safe work policies and procedures at all times, ensuring the protection and safety of self, co-workers, the public and environment.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- A Diploma in Computer or Telecommunication Engineering Technology.
- 3-5 years related Information Systems service desk experience.
- Keep abreast with new technologies and evolving ones.
- Safe guarding of County electronic information (backups, security and privacy).
- Ensure Servers are fully operational at all times.
- Strong technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strict confidentiality of information.
- Strong communication skills (technical/lay person).
- Demonstrates the ability to deal effectively with municipal employees and outside consultants.
- Highly self-directed with the ability to take initiative, prioritize, and multi-task.
- Must have the ability to work beyond the scope of assigned duties.
- Strong focus on both internal and external customer service.
- Proficiency in VB.NET, VBA, Access, and Transact-SQL, ITIL Practices.
- Expert proficiency in MS Outlook and Excel.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Visio, Project).
- Experience developing Training Manuals and conducting in house Training.
- Highly self-directed, willing to become conversant with in-house computer systems to an unlimited degree.
Interested applicants are invited to apply direct to www.rockyview.jobs.
Applications are due by 10 pm MST on the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.