Supervises all aspects of the current planning and development programs. Responsible for identifying service priorities and allocating resources accordingly. Provides research into goals and priorities for the department; prepares reports and makes recommendations to the Director of Planning and Information Systems, and Boards as appropriate. Oversees development and maintenance of land use planning documents and policies. Assists developers, ratepayers and the public in their subdivision, development and rezoning applications including appropriate inspections and enforcement. Assists in coordinating interaction with external development organizations to ensure the policies and bylaws of Saddle Hills County are followed.
- Completed the Applied Land Use Planning Certificate designation, or
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a municipal land use planning
- Post-secondary education in a recognized educational institution is an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability and experience in supervision and mentoring of a work team
- A high degree of accuracy in all areas of work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment while meeting required deadlines
- Full competency in the use of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of local government administrative and legislative systems
- Minimum Class 5 driver’s license. Ability to provide a satisfactory driver’s abstract
- Ability to provide a satisfactory Criminal Records check
This position reports to the Director of Planning and Information Systems and works closely with all County Departments. Supervises the Assistant Development Officer. We offer a competitive salary and excellent group benefits package.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the position and are not a complete description of all responsibilities and activities required for this position.
Please send resumes clearly marked “Private and Confidential” to:
Saddle Hills County
RR 1 Spirit River, AB T0H 3G0
E-mail to: email@example.com
Fax: (780) 864-3904 Ph. (780) 864-3760
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found. Saddle Hills County would like to thank all those interested in the position. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.