Supervises all aspects of the current planning and development programs. Responsible for identifying service priorities and allocating resources accordingly. Provides research into goals and priorities for the department; prepares reports and makes recommendations to the Chief Administrative Officer, and Boards as appropriate. Oversees development and maintenance of land use planning documents and policies. Assists developers, ratepayers and the public in their subdivision, development and rezoning applications including appropriate inspections and enforcement. Assists in coordinating interaction with external development organizations to ensure the policies and bylaws of Saddle Hills County are followed.
- Completed the Applied Land Use Planning Certificate designation, or
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a municipal land use planning
- Post-secondary education in Land Use Planning or a related discipline
- Member of the Canadian Institute of Certified Planners or similar would be an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in the supervision, mentoring and evaluation of a work team
- A high degree of accuracy in all areas of work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment while meeting required deadlines
- Full competency in the use of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of local government administrative and legislative systems
- Minimum Class 5 driver’s license and ability to provide a satisfactory driver’s abstract
- Ability to provide a satisfactory Criminal Records check
This position reports to the Chief Administrative Officer and works closely with all County Departments and supervises the Assistant Development Officer. We offer a salary range of $93,146 - $116,432 and excellent group benefits package which includes a pension plan.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the position and are not a complete description of all responsibilities and activities required for this position.
Saddle Hills County is a progressive municipality located in the scenic Central Peace Region of Northern Alberta which offers a rural lifestyle with urban convenience.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found. Saddle Hills County would like to thank all those interested in the position. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please send resumes clearly marked “Private and Confidential” to:
Saddle Hills County
RR 1 Spirit River, AB T0H 3G0
E-mail to: email@example.com
Fax: (780) 864-3904
Ph. (780) 864-3760