The Municipal District of Willow Creek is becoming increasingly popular as a location for new residential, agricultural, commercial and industrial growth. As an organization dedicated to superior service the brisk pace of growth and development that is being experienced, we are actively recruiting for the following position:
Employment with the Municipal District of Willow Creek offers the following:
- A communicative work environment that encourages growth and development and celebrates team work.
- Hours of work that allow for a healthy work / life balance.
- An excellent benefit program.
- Competitive wages.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Manager of Planning and Development, the Development Officer will work collaboratively with both the general public and development staff in the management of the municipality’s land use bylaw including: service delivery to citizens of development inquiries, issuance of permits, preparation of Development Authority discretionary use applications, tracking of Safety Code applications and ensuring compliance with required specifications and all applicable legislation including Intermunicipal Development Plans, Area Structure Plans, Land Use Bylaws.
The successful candidate will have the professional skill and acumen to develop and maintain positive working relationships with municipal citizens, municipal staff and external service providers including the Oldman River Regional Service Commission (ORRSC) and other levels of government.
Preferred Education and Experience for this position:
- A Diploma in Planning and Urban Development, Certificate in Alberta Land Use Planning, equivalent post-secondary Education or a combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience in community planning in a municipal environment with a demonstrated knowledge of community planning practices, principles and procedures, land use planning legislation, land use planning preparation, public participation processes and public consultation.
- Excellent, demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work cooperatively and productively in a team environment.
- A commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- Valid Class “5” Driver’s License required. Drivers Abstract must be provided.
- Training and mentoring will
Interested individuals are invited to submit a resume by email to:
Municipal District of Willow Creek No. 26
Cindy Chisholm – Manager of Planning and Development
Development Officer Position
Resumes will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found
We thank all applicants; however only those invited for an interview will be personally contacted.