The County of Vermilion River is seeking a highly motivated, efficient and outgoing individual to join our safety-oriented team as Development Officer in our Planning & Development Department.
- Alberta Applied Land Use Planning Certificate is required
- Post-secondary education in Planning or a related field
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Evaluate development proposals and apply relevant development processes as per policy and legislation
- Assist with proposed subdivision applications
- Coordinate development permit applications and ensure compliance
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements for development
- As the key contact with the public on development matters, be knowledgeable and provide accurate information to developers
- Special projects as required (financial, data and information management, records management, etc.)
- Customer Service is essential; professionalism and effective communication on the phone, using email, and in-person customer care to provide services in a helpful and courteous manner
- Prepare written reports, documents, Council agenda items, applications, etc.
- Maintain digital and non-digital items such as land titles, road closures, subdivision applications, etc.
- Assist the Development authority with enforcement of the Land Use regulations to ensure compliance with the Land use Bylaw and Development Permit(s).
- Adhere to bylaws, policies, regulations and standards
A competitive salary and comprehensive municipal benefits package is available. The successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal record check and drivers abstract. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Applications clearly marked: “CONFIDENTIAL – DEVELOPMENT OFFICER” can be submitted by FRIDAY, JUNE 11, 2021 to:
Human Resources Manager
County of Vermilion River
4912 – 50 Avenue, Box 69
Kitscoty, AB T0B 2P0
All resumes and personal information provided will be handled in accordance with the Province of Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIPP) legislation. The personal information provided to the County of Vermilion River is being collected solely for the purpose of applying for employment.