The Town is seeking an energetic, dynamic individual for the position of Development Officer. The successful candidate will be strongly devoted to public service, be team orientated, innovative and result driven. This person will be part of a great team and be responsible for aspects of urban planning, land administration and to ensure the Town of Westlock’s Land Use Bylaw and related planning documents are adhered to.
You will be working in a vibrant community of 5,000 just 85 kilometres north of Edmonton. We have all the amenities and more. Living in Westlock you can experience live arts, concerts, all sports or belong to one of the multiple community organizations. Town amenities include the new Rotary Spirit Centre multi-plex, the Aquatic Centre, skateboard park, ball diamonds, parks and playgrounds. The Town’s strong business sector provides all the services and shopping you will need. Your co-workers are focused on providing great public service and having fun while doing so.
As a key player in our team the following qualifications would be an asset:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related filed or Diploma in a related field plus a minimum of 2 years related municipal experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Completion of the Applied Land Use Planning Certificate Program;
- Ability to interpret architectural drawings;
- Some introductory familiarity with drafting, AutoCAD and/or G.I.S. systems
- Effective written and oral communication skills;
To view the complete job description or to find out more about us, please view our website at www.westlock.ca
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. The Town of Westlock thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Town of Westlock
Westlock, Alberta T7P 2K3