This new position reports to the Senior Director, Business Development and plays a key role by representing the Alberta Urban Municipalities Association (AUMA) & Alberta Municipal Service Corporation’s (AMSC) portfolio of services (over $250 million in revenue) to AUMA’s current and potential not for profit membership.
This position will be responsible for creating a robust program to support Alberta’s municipally-related not-for-profit organizations (e.g., libraries, recreation facilities, museums, community associations), by developing key partnerships in the not-for-profit sector, developing a support program for not-for-profits and promoting AUMA/AMSC business services to Alberta not-for-profits.
Because this is a new position, it is likely to evolve based on new opportunities. Foundational to the position will be to work collaboratively with internal Marketing and IT teams to develop the tools required for the program. Once program development is complete, the Director, Not-for-Profits will be responsible to grow the associated revenue across AUMA/AMSC business lines in the not-for-profit market, including: Employee Benefits, Retirement Services, Utility Services, Short-term Investment Services, and Property & Casualty Insurance.
Full Time, Permanent
Level 6 - Management
Education and Skills
Education and Professional Development
- Post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field or equivalent work experience will be considered.
- MBA or an advanced degree considered to be an asset.
- Currently hold all of the following industry licenses, or willing to obtain these licenses within 6 months of start date:
- Life License Qualification Program (LLQP);
- Level 1 General Insurance License;
- Life Licence;
- Accident & Sickness Licence
- Other related industry professional designations considered to be an asset.
Experience and Requirements
- A minimum of 3 years in program/product development, including marketing and project management experience
- A minimum 5 years of sales and customer relations experience with a proven track record. Special consideration given to those with experience in a municipal/association/not-for-profit fields.
- A valid driver’s license and transportation.
- Be willing to work variable hours and travel throughout Alberta and Canada spending approximately 50% of the time out of the office.
- Criminal Record Check for Licensing purposes
Skills and Attributes
- Self-motivated with the ability to function independently and with minimal supervision through assuming initiative, complying with deadlines, and working concurrently on a variety of tasks is a key requirement.
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and project management skills
- Significant experience in sales and account management with a demonstrated ability to actively track existing customers, manage on-going communications, keep account information up to date, and effectively utilize resources in support of customer requirements.
- Public speaking experience with both large and small groups.
- Highly competent in computer systems (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and CRM systems).
- Ability to build relationships with executives/senior management
- Highly organized team player with a positive, mature attitude.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Exemplary oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate superior ethics.
- Develop and maintain a robust support program for not-for-profit organizations across Alberta including a marketing & communications strategy, business development strategy, and platform (IT) program management
- Identify and assist in the development of products and services specifically for not-for-profits including products within existing business lines and new services based on the needs of not-for-profits
- Create and maintain partnerships with organizations that support not-for-profit organizations across Alberta
- Deliver on annual revenue targets
- Create and maintain relationships with not-for-profit organizations in order to deliver on revenue growth KPIs.
- Work closely with all other AUMA/AMSC senior directors, directors and employees to identify areas of growth within the existing base and deliver services that address the gaps, ensure service levels are achieved and sales targets are met with respect to retaining existing clients and bringing in new business.
- Meet with relevant not-for-profits to give an orientation of AUMA/AMSC and be the first point of contact for any assistance our members may require.
- Identify new service/customer opportunities and grow the compliment of services as well as the base.
- Provide critical input into the annual strategic planning and budgeting process.
- Represent the AUMA & AMSC at various events, tradeshows, and conferences throughout the year to develop customer relations, grow awareness of the service offerings, and meet or exceed annual revenue requirements.
- Use market intelligence and client perspectives for strategic and tactical planning.
- Respond to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Qualifications (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFIs), and is the lead on product inquiries as well as direct and assist in generating sales opportunities and product proposals & quotes for not-for-profit organizations.
- Deliver formal presentations to various customer groups including senior administration, stakeholders’ groups, and Boards representing AUMA/AMSC.
- Manage costs to acquire and achieve sales targets efficiently.
- Create and manage a comprehensive and accurate reporting system that ensures that the executive management team is kept fully informed of the sales status of all clients.
- Provide streamlined monthly reports for various internal team meetings and detailed quarterly sales reports to executive management.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume with cover letter to Jeff Simpson, Senior Director, Human Resources at email@example.com.
Selection of people to perform this position is based on matching their knowledge, skills, competencies, and behaviours to the work to be performed so that the best qualified candidates are chosen. AUMA is committed to employment practices that are unbiased with regard to equal opportunity of employment. AUMA makes every effort to be in compliance with the Alberta Human Rights Legislation.