We are a thriving, vibrant, rural community situated along Highway 43 between Edmonton and Grande Prairie, AB. We are proud to offer residents an opportunity to pursue their active lifestyles in our facilities and parks.
The role of the Director of Community Services is to operate and maintain the daily operations of the Community Resource Centre. The Director shall be responsible for the development and coordination of programs for meeting the social needs of the community as determined by Council.
Shall be required to adhere to processes and policies in support of Municipal goals and legislative requirements.
Shall be responsible for:
- general administration, agreements, and reporting of programs within the department
- budget and policy development
- department operation plan development in relation to council’s strategic plan
- providing strategic leadership to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the department
Shall practice and encourage safe work behaviors.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Understand oral and written instructions
- Read, write, speak and understand English
- Use discretion regarding confidential matters
- Seek and develop partnerships, alliances and collaborative relationships to enhance service delivery and develop community building capacity
- Provide personnel leadership and employee development through task delegation mentoring and coaching of subordinate personnel
- Hold employees accountable for duties and responsibilities assigned
- Work cooperatively with the management team and support other departments
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- Post-secondary education degree with a major concentration in community development, social planning, social development OR an equivalent combination of other education and relevant experience
- Satisfactory RCMP Record & Vulnerable Sector Checks & Drivers Abstract
- Minimum 5 years’ experience or combination of education and experience
Please submit your resume and cover letter by quoting the competition number in the subject line:
Mail or in person:
Town of Fox Creek
102 Kaybob Drive
PO Box 149
Fox Creek, Alberta T0H 1P0
We thank all applicants, how-ever only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.