Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the incumbent serves as a member of the County’s senior management team involved in the formulation and execution of the County’s strategic plan. Is responsible for overseeing the department’s financial and corporate related programs; directly responsible for the budget preparation and investment portfolio for the County; present plans, budgets to the CAO and Council. As a member of the County’s senior management team will hire, train and develop department staff. Directs the overall planning, co‑ordination and control of the activities and business affairs of the Corporate Services Department and ensures that the by‑laws, policies and procedures of Mountain View County are complied with by staff. The incumbent is expected to exercise expert independent judgment, initiative and decision-making authority to develop timely solutions to complex projects; work collaboratively with colleagues or consultants with a diverse range of professional training.
You are a leader and have the ability to positively influence and direct change within a multi-faceted department of professional and support staff for financial, assessment and information technology systems. High level Council and senior management reporting, budget creation, asset management and investment portfolios. Your capacity to grasp technical concepts while being able to leave the complex details to subject matter specialists will ensure your effectiveness in this position.
- Holds a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation;
- Five to seven (5-7) years’ experience of increasingly responsible public sector administration would be an asset;
- Is articulate and possesses above average budgetary and technical report writing skills; proven experience in budget preparation/management and contract management;
- Effective leadership, team building, and supervisory strengths, with a commitment for continuous improvement;
- High degree of computer competency with the ability to stay current with technology related to industry;
- Personal initiative with good planning and organizational skills as well as a high degree of integrity and professionalism; strong capability to identify needs, plan and develop goals, priorities, and other outcome measures.
Applications are to be marked “confidential” and will be received in confidence. Submit resumes, Attention Human Resources, in one of the following ways:
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to: (403)335-9207
Mail to: Mountain View County. PO Bag 100, Didsbury, AB T0M 0W0
Note: For a detailed Position Description and approved 2020 salary range please contact Human Resources directly at 403-335-3311 ext 153 or email your request to email@example.com - We appreciate the interest of all candidates; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.