The Town of Innisfail is excited about the opportunity to attract a Director of Corporate Services to its senior leadership team. This unique servant leader must have the ability and desire to serve within the values of trust, integrity, and respect within the principles of transparency, teamwork, pride, and fun. The Town of Innisfail, population 8,000 is located within the central Alberta core and offers modern amenities, regional tourist attractions, and easy access to the major urban centres of Red Deer and Calgary. The new Director is a key component to assist council in achieving their strategic objectives. Reporting to the CAO, the Director is responsible to lead the functions of Finance, IT, Procurement & Assurance, Human Resources, Health and Safety, and Administration Services.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Leads the development of a corporate vision in the development of the organization’s corporate systems.
- Leads the development of a department vision, ensuring participation by staff to engage in a high standard of professionalism and customer service.
- Provides strategic leadership and supports the effectiveness and efficiency of the Corporate Services Department
- Development of corporate and departmental operational plans in relation to council’s corporate plan
- Focus on effective team building, conflict resolution, reaching consensus for best results, in particular mentoring, coaching and motivating employees
- Represents the Town professionally and has the ability to develop effective working relationships with the public, council, employees, agencies and stakeholders.
- A bachelor’s degree in areas such as commerce, management, HR, or with an administrative focus is preferred
- A minimum educational achievement of a diploma or degree in a relevant/related area, or recognized municipal or accounting designation, i.e. CLGM, CMA, CGA.
- Several years of directly related progressive management experience (at least five at a senior management level)
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to effectively communicate with the CAO, council, employees and the public
- Ability to prepare request for proposals, interpret reports and documents related to the position
The Town of Innisfail offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes in confidence by email by 4:00 p.m. on May 21, 2021 to:
Town of Innisfail
Attention: Todd Becker,
Chief Administrative Officer
4943 53 Street
Innisfail, AB T4G 1A1
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (by PDF)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.