The Town of Picture Butte is located 27km north of Lethbridge, Alberta. It has a population of just over 1800 people and is a great place to live and work. The Director of Corporate Services is a management position that assists the Chief Administrative Officer, and other municipal staff in achieving the priorities of Council.
- Reports to the Chief Administrative Officer
- Manage and oversee union administrative staff.
- Oversee all of the financial operations of the Town including annual budget preparation, grant applications and reporting, and day to day financial operations such as bank recs. payroll, etc.
- Preparation of assessment and tax rolls.
- Administrative support including preparing and presenting reports to Council, meeting agenda preparation, and strategic planning.
- Coordination of website and IT maintenance and upgrades
- Human Resource management: Including benefit administration, recruitment and staff development practices and programs
- Willingness to attend regularly scheduled after hour meetings.
Skills and Attributes
- Be prepared to take on a variety of differing tasks and responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to respond effectively to politically sensitive situations with political acumen.
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills.
- Desire to be a positive and innovative contributor to the organisation.
- Ability to be flexible, work in a team-based environment with changing demands, meet strict deadlines, while handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Attention to detail with the ability to work without close supervision.
- Professional experience in accounting or finance.
- Minimum Education: 2 year Diploma in Accounting.
- Strong competency in Excel and Word is essential.
- Human resource management experience.
- Municipal government experience considered an asset.
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered.
The Town of Picture Butte offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including the Local Authorities Pension Plan. The current work week is based on hours 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday with attendance to regularly scheduled after hour meetings as required.
3:30 p.m. 13th February, 2019
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to Keith Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on this opportunity please contact Keith Davis at 403-732-4555. To view the full job description please visit www.picturebutte.ca
All candidates are thanked in advance for their interest. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.