Woodlands County is * REPOSTING * this opportunity seeking an enthusiastic and motivated leader to manage its corporate services department of six (6) members plus two external contracts (assessment and computer support). As a key member of the senior management team, the Director, Corporate Services will be involved with strategic planning and will be responsible for delivery of the following:
- Oversee the county’s overall financial operations;
- Prepare the annual operating and capital budgets;
- Manage the County’s information technology;
- Human resources administrator;
- Manage/oversee the assessment and taxation functions;
- Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll;
- Manage short and long term investments;
- Manage grants and grant reporting; and
- Manage the risk management and insurance functions.
The successful candidate should have:
- A professional accounting designation (CPA);
- Undergraduate degree in business or pubic administration;
- Experience with strategic & business planning processes, budget process, financial reporting and forecasting required;
- A minimum of five years senior level experience in related field and a full understanding of PSAB standards;
- Proven leadership, supervisory and team building strength required along with superior verbal/written communication;
- A strong team player who can identify, and add value, across all departments;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills along with the ability to build strong relations with Council, stakeholders, and staff; and
- Municipal government experience would be considered a strong asset.
More information pertaining to the position is available by contacting the undersigned at 780 778 8400 (ext. 230) or toll free at 1 (888) 870-6315. Letters of application, including a detailed resume, marked “Personal & Confidential – Director, Corporate Services” will be accepted until May 17, 2019 - or until a suitable candidate is found.
Paul Hanlan, CMML
Chief Administrative Officer
Box 60, #1 Woodlands Lane
Whitecourt, Alberta T7S 1N3