The Town of Millet, known as the, “Prettiest Little Town in Canada”, receiving recognition for its beauty, charm, and rural atmosphere, is located on Highway 2A, between Leduc and Wetaskiwin. The Town has a population of just under 2000, with the potential for large industrial and residential growth in the near future. This position offers a rewarding and motivating work environment in which to direct all finance and taxation services and support all municipal operations.
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Several years of financial management experience in municipal government together with post-secondary education in a related discipline and/or professional certification such as CGA/CMA. An equivalent combination of relevant management experience, knowledge, and education from other sectors will be considered.
- Proven ability to maintain all municipal financial and related administrative services, prepare and administer all budgets, maintain investments, prepare annual report, financial statements, tax rate bylaw, tax notices and assessments. Ability to oversee the annual audit and all internal audit procedures.
- Ability to prepare various financial reports for Council as required and to attend Council meetings.
- Ability to act as the Chief Administrative Officer in the CAO’s absence.
- Proven strong collaborative and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals and groups including government officials at all levels, businesses, community and regional groups, Council, staff, and individual citizens.
- The ability to work with, lead, support, and manage the performance of other staff who are responsible to meet the needs of the community in a unified manner with excellent customer service and a high degree of personal initiative.
- The ability to work collaboratively with Council and all staff in building the community and effectively representing the interests of the Town.
- The ability and experience in effectively sharing services with other municipalities and other partners on a regional basis. The Town belongs to the Joint Economic Development Initiative (JEDI) partnership together with the County of Wetaskiwin.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits package is also provided.
Applications are preferred by email. Please reply in confidence by September 23, 2019.
HR Group Management Consultants
Attn: Dimitri Pojidaeff
56 Melrose Crescent
Sherwood Park, AB T8A 3V1
Edmonton: 780 906 3145
Toll Free: 1 888 474 5463