The County of Minburn is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated leader to manage its Finance and Administration department. As a key member of the senior management team, the Director of Finance and Administration will be involved with organizational planning and will have the following duties:
- Overseeing the County's overall financial operations;
- Preparing the annual operating and capital budgets;
- Managing the assessment and taxation functions;
- Managing accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll;
- Managing short and long-term investments;
- Managing grants and grant reporting; and
- Managing the risk management and audit functions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Undergraduate degree in business or pubic administration;
- Experience with strategic & business planning processes, budget process, financial reporting and forecasting;
- A minimum of five years senior level experience in a related field and a solid understanding of PSAB standards;
- Municipal government experience would be considered a strong asset.
- A professional accounting designation (CPA) would be considered an asset.
- Proven leadership, supervisory and team building strength required along with superior verbal/written communication;
- A strong team player who can identify, and add value, across all departments;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills along with the ability to build strong relations with Council, stakeholders, and staff.
The County of Minburn offers a competitive salary and compensation package.
More information pertaining to the position is available by contacting the County at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Letters of application, including a detailed resume will be accepted until Tuesday, February 4th, 2020 or until a suitable candidate is found. Please email applications to: email@example.com.