The Town of Innisfail is excited about the opportunity to attract a Director of Operational Services to its senior leadership team. This unique individual must have the ability and desire to serve within the values of trust, integrity and respect within the principles of transparency, teamwork, pride and fun. The Town of Innisfail, population 8,000 is located within the central Alberta core and offers modern amenities, regional tourist attractions, and easy access to the major urban centres of Red Deer and Calgary. The new Director will have the opportunity to assist the council in establishing a strategic focus. Reporting to the CAO, the Director is responsible to lead the functions of planning, public works and utilities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain a unified and collaborative team approach in the areas of engineering, planning and development, project management, GIS, utilities, solid waste and infrastructure
- Provides strategic leadership and supports the effectiveness and efficiency of the Operations Department
- Development of departmental operational plans in relation to council’s corporate plan
- Focus on effective team building, conflict resolution, reaching consensus for best results, in particular mentoring, coaching and motivating employees
- Represents the Town professionally and has the ability to develop effective working relationships with the public, council, employees, agencies and stakeholders.
- Graduation from an accredited Civil Engineering degree program, a Civil Engineering Technology Program or professional designation in planning. Considerable related experience combined with education may be considered an equivalent
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience and positions in the municipal engineering or planning functions
- Experience working with a regional water and waste water would be an asset
- The ability to empower staff
- Experience in infrastructure and asset planning and management
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to effectively communicate with the CAO, council, employees and the public
- Ability to prepare request for proposals, interpret reports and documents related to the position
The Town of Innisfail offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes in confidence by 4:00 p.m. on July 23, 2019 to:
Town of Innisfail
Attention: Erica Vickers, Finance Manager
4943 53 Street Innisfail, Alberta, T4G 1A1
Email: email@example.com (by PDF)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.