We have an excellent opportunity for a Director of Operations to join a vibrant and leading municipality. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Director of Operations will coordinate design and construction of the municipal operations as well as oversee and direct all aspects of the engineering and technical aspects of and the Town’s roads and utilities infrastructure and operation and maintenance. The Director will be responsible for overseeing and managing the operating and capital budgets and establishing best practices related to all infrastructure projects.
Participating as a member of the Executive management team, this position will provide leadership for planning, development and coordination of delivery of services for the Operations Department area and the municipality. Creating and maintaining a unified team approach to areas including, but not limited to engineering and project management, GIS, water, waste water, storm drainage, solid waste and recycling, roadways and street signage. The Director of Operations will be instrumental in building a positive culture for their department and the organization and have a successful track record coaching, mentoring and developing staff in their career progression and growth within the organization.
Breakdown of Duties:
- Leadership and Supervision (30% time)
- Operations, Preventative Maintenance and Capital Projects (15% time)
- Budget and Administration – 15% time
- Risk Management & Safety (10% time)
- Communication with Internal and External Stakeholders (15% time)
- Customer Service and Public Engagement (5% time)
- Miscellaneous Project Management Activities (10% time)
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience and positions in the public or private sectors
- Familiarity with related municipal legislation and relevant provincial statutes and regulations.
- Experience in Operations including, Utilities, (Water, Wastewater & Storm water), Roads, Solid Waste, Recycling and Compost and Planning and Development.
- A Professional Engineering (P. Eng) designation or Civil Engineering Technology Designation would be an asset.
For full job posting, visit: https://jobs.richardsonsearch.ca/job/director-of-operations-olds-ab/
To apply for this position please email: email@example.com