Leadhand, Water and Wastewater Operator, Public Works and Water and Wastewater employees
This position has the main responsibilities of overseeing the daily maintenance and operations of the municipality. It requires technical experience and knowledge in municipal operations, problem solving skills, being particular to details and high interpersonal skills in order to maintain excellent working relationships with the CAO, Director of Corporate Services, elected officials, staff members and external agencies. The position is a management position and will need to be able to work with Council and the CAO in assisting with the delivery of Council’s strategic vision for the Town while also maintaining an example of excellent public service.
- Three to five years of supervisory experience working in a public works or recreation department at a municipality.
- Minimum 2 years post secondary education in a field related to the work requirements.
- Alberta Environment level 2 certification for water distribution, waste water distribution and wastewater collection an asset.
Equivalencies may be considered.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge regarding the operation and maintenance of municipal infrastructure.
- Proficiency in utilizing standard computer software communication, email, spreadsheet software programs and geographic information systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, employees and representatives of other agencies.
- Exceptional leadership, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of the municipalities legislative requirements including but not limited to the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation and Code and Municipal Government Act.
- Directs staff for the purpose of accomplishing the goals and priorities of Council, public works, recreation and water and wastewater treatment department.
- Ensures a positive image is portrayed to the public indicating the municipality’s commitment to excellent public service.
- Plans and manages the ongoing work, activities and resources of all Public Works, Recreation and Water and Wastewater staff.
- Assists in managing external public service contracts, contractors, developers and suppliers providing or performing services for the Town.
- Regularly attends Council and Committee meetings as requested by the CAO.
- Liaises with, and fosters positive relations with regional partners and municipal neighbours.
- Ensures proper procedures and policies are created, followed and updated to minimize losses for the Town including preventative maintenance and safety programs.
- Provides technical advice to the CAO, Council and Consultants.
- Prepares operating and capital budgets for the Public Works, Recreation and Water and Wastewater Departments.
- Administers and manages the operating and capital budgets for the Public Works, Recreation and Water and Wastewater Departments.
- Acts as the conduit between public works staff and administration in communicating CAO requests, maintaining appropriate paperwork for purchases, timesheets and work orders and in reporting on the activities of the public works, recreation and water and wastewater department staff.
$66,000 - $81,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience, including full benefit coverage and Local Authorities Pension Plan.
3:00 p.m. on the 21st of June, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and copies of any relevant education to:
Town of Picture Butte
120 4th Street N., P.O. Box 670
Picture Butte, AB, T0K 1V0
Or via email at: