The role of the Director of Operations is to direct the activities of, including but not limited to, Transportation, Utilities, Waste Management, and Parks. The Director shall be responsible for the development and administration of programs in conformity with the strategic direction of council, all relevant statutes, bylaws, resolutions and policies.
Shall be required to adhere to processes and policies in support of Municipal goals and legislative requirements.
Shall be responsible for:
- general administration, agreements, and reporting of programs within the department
- budget and policy development
- department operation plan development in relation to council’s strategic plan
- providing strategic leadership to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the department
Shall practice and encourage safe work behaviors.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Understand oral and written instructions
- Read, write, speak and understand English
- Use discretion regarding confidential matters
- Seek and develop partnerships, alliances and collaborative relationships to enhance service delivery and develop community building capacity
- Provide personnel leadership and employee development through task delegation mentoring and coaching of subordinate personnel
- Hold employees accountable for duties and responsibilities assigned
- Work cooperatively with the management team and support other departments
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in civil engineering, public administration, political science or other related discipline OR a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Satisfactory Police Check and Provincial Drivers Abstract Report
- A minimum of 5 years practical experience in municipal or senior management with supervisory experience or combination of education and experience
- Knowledge\experience in municipal legislation, municipal operating systems and municipal finance
- Certification or eligibility for certification in Level 1 Water Treatment Operation and Water Distribution System, Level 1 Wastewater Collection and Treatment, Occupational Health & Safety or NACLAA shall be considered an asset
We are a thriving, vibrant, rural community situated along Highway 43 between Edmonton and Grande Prairie, AB. We are proud to offer residents an opportunity to pursue their active lifestyles in our facilities and parks.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by quoting the competition number in the subject line:
Mail or in person:
Town of Fox Creek
102 Kaybob Drive
PO Box 149
Fox Creek, Alberta T0H 1P0
Open until suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants, how-ever only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.