The Town of Three Hills is seeking a motivated professional to lead and provide overall strategic direction to the Operations and Infrastructure department, which includes water treatment and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment, stormwater management, solid waste collection including a landfill, and roadway network. The Director will develop a positive culture within the department, through a progressive and visionary leadership style in a unionized environment, while aligning with organization goals and strategic priorities.
- Lead and manage, and monitor the Operations and Infrastructure department
- Develop and implement operational and capital budgets
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor staff in a unionized setting
- Facilitate communication between internal departments and external agencies or contractors.
- Liaise and coordinate with external agencies, associations and other operational areas.
- Develop, implement and interpret policies, bylaws and legislation
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with the management team and support other departments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong capital project development and management skills
- Knowledge and working experience of municipal engineering and project design
- Post-secondary education in the field of Engineering, Business, or Public Administration or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge and experience in municipal infrastructure and operations
- Minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years’ leadership experience at a management level in a municipal setting.
- Proven success developing and maintaining relationships with residents, coworkers, elected officials, and other stakeholders
- Ability to use a computer with demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of software such as Outlook and Office.
Please email resumes to email@example.com referencing “Director of Operations and Infrastructure” in the subject line. Applicants are requested to also provide a cover letter. To learn more about thew Town, please visit www.threehills.ca. For more information about this position contact Petra Jerricke, HR Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ryan Leuzinger, CAO, at email@example.com.
The Town thanks all applicants for their interest. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. The Town is an equal opportunity employer and all applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements.