The City of Spruce Grove is a fast growing, dynamic city committed to building and maintaining a fiscally responsible community that serves our residents and promotes future growth. Through the actions of our Shared Principles, innovation is encouraged; communication and learning are continuous in this team environment while maintaining a positive work and family life balance.
In this position, you will be responsible for the planning, directing, managing and overseeing of the operations of the Planning and Development Department including land use, long and short range planning, building and safety codes, and permit administration. You will coordinate assigned activities with other departments and outside agencies, and provide support to the General Manager of Planning and Infrastructure. In addition, you will provide technical expertise regarding land use planning, design, and planning enabling legislation to City Council. Your expertise, coupled with your effective supervisory skills, will be invaluable in providing strategic management to a capable team in order to meet priorities and build strong stakeholder relationships.
If you are a professional who:
- Seeks challenge and wants to take your leadership experience to new heights,
- Can be an integral player in developing the future of the City of Spruce Grove, and
- Wants to make a difference in the ‘Community of Choice’.
……then we want to hear from you.
- Post-secondary Degree in Land Use Planning, Geography or Regional Planning.
- Greater than fifteen years of related experience.
- Minimum five years of supervisory experience.
- Member of Canadian Institute of Certified Planners or equivalent.
Competition number: RC 2019 0015
Division: Planning and Infrastructure
Department: Planning and Development
Close Date: February 26, 2019
Salary range: $124,114 to $153,317 per annum including a comprehensive benefit package
Visit our website at www.sprucegrove.org for more information and to apply online.