The Town of Gibbons is seeking a highly skilled, ambitious and dynamic professional to provide progressive leadership for a key department within its corporate structure.
Gibbons is a community with a population of over 3,159 that is strategically located in the Capital Region. Gibbons offers an ideal location for an individual who has strong family and community values and has a keen interest in being part of a growing community. Our Community has a host of recreation facilities, a first class library, a brand new Cultural Centre, a vibrant community gym and excellent schools.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Director of Planning & Development will lead, plan, co-ordinate, and build our Planning Department, in a manner that will efficiently and effectively serve the valued customers of our municipality.
- A Planning Designation or equivalent.
- Progressive management experience in a similar position with 5 - 7 years at the Senior Management Level.
- Experience and training in a Municipal Planning environment is desirable, including a strong working knowledge of municipal planning, associated legislation and the MGA.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills along with sound knowledge and understanding of internal and external communication processes.
- Extensive experience using computer systems/software, preferable on the Town’s current financial system “Muniware” along with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Significant experience in planning and development for the Province of Alberta.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary that will commensurate with experience coupled with an excellent benefit package.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is in place.
Please reply with a compelling cover letter; Comprehensive resume; Salary expectations; and three (3) professional references. Confidential inquires welcomed to Mr. Farrell O’Malley @ firstname.lastname@example.org or at (780) 923-3331.