The District of Hudson’s Hope is a picturesque and vibrant community situated on the banks of the Peace River in the foothills of the Rockies. With a population of 1,100, the community provides a relaxed lifestyle and offers many recreational opportunities.
The Director of Public Works & Engineering will provide expert professional assistance to the Chief Administrative Officer in engineering and operations of municipal water, wastewater, street, facilities and landscape. Other responsibilities will include policy development, program planning, fiscal management and administration of the District’s public works, water distribution and treatment, wastewater collection and treatment.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Membership or Eligible for a membership as Professional Engineer or Applied Science Technologist (A.Sc.T). **Applicants with less education and relevant work experience will also be considered.**
- Strong working knowledge of theory, principles, practices and techniques of public works, traffic engineering, municipal water and sewers engineering, and public works and utilities and facilities maintenance functions.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence (minimum Class 5).
The salary for this position will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits package and relocation assistance may be provided as required. The District thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications with a covering letter and detailed résumé of work experience, education and qualifications will be received at the municipal office until 4:30 p.m., Monday, May 24, 2021. For any clarification or to send the application by email, please see below.
District of Hudson’s Hope
9904 Dudley Drive, PO Box 330
Hudson’s Hope, BC, V0C 1V0
Tel: (250) 783-9901
Fax: (250) 783-5741
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2021