The Town is seeking an energetic, dynamic individual for the position of Director of Recreation and Community Services. The successful candidate will be strongly devoted to public service, be team orientated, innovative and result driven. This person will be part of a great team in providing the leadership, planning, and coordination of the Town’s recreation and community services.
You will be working in a vibrant community of 6,800 at the doorstep to the Rocky Mountains and outdoor adventure. We have all the amenities and more. Living in Rocky Mountain House you can experience live arts, concerts, all sports or belong to one of the multiple community organizations. Town amenities include the Christenson Sports and Wellness Centre, the Credit Union Co-op Aquatic Centre, skateboard park, ball diamonds, parks, extensive trail system and playgrounds. The Town’s strong business sector provides all the services and shopping you will need. Your co-workers are focused on providing great public service and having fun while doing so.
As a key player in our team you will have the following qualifications:
- Degree or Diploma in a related field i.e. Recreation Administration, Business Management, or equivalent
- Five (5) years applicable experience in a supervisory/management role within a similar environment showing an inclusive and team-oriented approach
- Effective written and oral communication skills,
- Ability to deal with the public and stakeholders in a courteous, positive, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Clear understanding of all municipal operations and devotion to public service.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation abilities.
- CLGM designation would be considered an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver Operators License.
- Competencies with computer software programs.
To view the complete job description or to find out more about us, please view our website at www.rockymtnhouse.com
The Town of Rocky Mountain House offers a competitive salary and excellent employee benefits program including LAPP pension.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter on or before June 14, 2019. The Town of Rocky Mountain House thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Town of Rocky Mountain House
5116 50th Avenue
Rocky Mountain House, Alberta T4T 1B2