The Town of Hinton (www.hinton.ca) is a regional hub for recreation, health care, and retail in the west Yellowhead region, also serving neighbouring Grande Cache, Jasper, and Edson. With a population of approximately 10,000, it is located 270 km west of Edmonton and 80 km east of Jasper along the twin-lane Yellowhead Highway (Hwy 16). Within a short 15 minute drive to the Jasper National Park boundary, there are plentiful adventure and outdoor options available to suit any enthusiast across all seasons including: cross-country and downhill skiing, hiking, camping, mountain biking, golfing, kayaking, canoeing and boating activities, quadding, snowmobiling, fishing and hunting…to name a few.
Under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), you are highly visible and responsible for marketing the business and economic development interests within the community. You will work to attract and expand investment and development in the Town of Hinton for the purpose of economic growth, employment, and strengthening the Town’s economic outlook. You will also liaise and work closely with the Hinton and Regional Economic Development Coalition (HREDC) and various Town departments to provide guidance and support to the business community to establish, relocate and/or expand businesses within the Town and surrounding area.
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following, or an acceptable combination:
- College or University degree in Commerce, Business, Marketing, Economics or in a related field.
- Professional Economic Developer (Ec.D.) designation would be an asset.
- Previous experience in the Economic Development, Marketing and/or Public Relation disciplines. A preference will be given for relevant experience within local government.
- Highly developed public relations, interpersonal and written communication skills, coupled with exceptional negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to provide strong leadership and direction, while effectively working with Boards, Committees, elected officials, personnel, and the general public.
- Ability to deal effectively with high pressure and challenging situations.
A competitive compensation package will be provided to the successful candidate. This includes a competitive base salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and LAPP. Details will be discussed in further conversations.