The Town of Didsbury, population 5,268, is currently accepting applications for an Economic Development Officer. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Economic Development Officer creates strategic and tactical plans to achieve Council’s strategic objectives. This position will be highly visible and responsible for facilitating community and economic development planning and initiatives; identifying and fostering community economic development opportunities; securing funding for economic development activities and programs; assisting local organizations, businesses and individuals while establishing economic development plans and projects. Further responsibilities include; promoting our community in order to expand economic development opportunities, along with strategic planning and budgeting, as well as preparing various reports.
- Professional Economic Developer (Ec.D.) designation;
- College or University degree in Commerce, Business, Marketing, Economics, or in a related field would be an asset;
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years previous experience in the Economic Development, Marketing and/or Public Relation. Preference will be given for relevant experience within local government;
- Possess a strong knowledge and understanding of the Municipal Government Act (MGA);
- Strong organization and time management;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written skills;
- High ethical standards and strict adherence to respectful workplace principles;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License;
- A clean criminal record check.
Hours of Work:
35-hours per week, typically 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Attendance at evening meetings is a requirement.
Until a suitable candidate found
The Town of Didsbury offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package after the probation period has passed as well as participation in the LAPP pension plan after one continuous year of service
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity, please submit your application quoting Competition 19-017 to:
Town of Didsbury
Didsbury, AB T0M 0W0
Telephone: 403.335.3391 ext. 1201