Kneehill County is looking for an individual with the great skills and traits to add to our fantastic team. This individual will bring their enthusiasm for collaboration and energy for developing of strategic plans as well as their fun sense of humor and ability to develop a deeper sense of Community!
Business Focus Statement:
Kneehill County’s Economic Development takes a strategic approach to attracting investment and supporting local businesses to foster a sustainable economy within our region.
The EDO reports to the Director of Municipal Services and is responsible for facilitating, promoting and ensuring community and economic development in order to enhance the growth and sustainability within our community. The EDO is also responsible for facilitating economic development in regards to commercial business planning and initiatives, as well as assist local organizations, businesses and individuals with establishing economic development plans and projects. The EDO is a strong collaborator and is open, flexible and creative with ideas and solutions.
- Managing and implementing business development programs and events
- Provide advice regarding market analysis and economic opportunities
- Researching and tracking trends in available data to support local business growth
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships and communications with the local business community
- Working with companies to help them connect with the resources to expand their business into Kneehill County
- Liaison between businesses, individuals, local organizations and other community stakeholders
- Seek out and identify opportunities for joint ventures or regional initiatives
- Being well-versed in the programs and services available from various levels of government and private sector. As well as developing/maintaining relationships
- Encourage and build tourism with all of our communities
- Post-secondary degree in Economics, Business, Marketing or equivalent
- Certified Economic Development (Ec. D) from the Economic Developers Association of Canada would be an asset
- Community Economic Development Certificate would be an asset
- Strong skills in math, reading and critical thinking
- Municipal Setting Experience of 2-3 years would be ideal
- Experience driving long term strategic business planning, detailed financial analytics and community development
- Proven success utilizing a wide variety of reporting tools related to business, tourism and fiscal indicators
- Knowledge of Public Administration and Community Planning Principles, growth management concepts, with emphasis on engagement practices, and collaborative partnership building.
- Knowledge of legislation, policy and programs related to business development, investment/trade, enterprise, innovation and growth.
- Research and Analytical Skills
- Some physical labor required
- Computer Knowledge
- Multi-tasking ability
Attention: Jessie Kasha –HR Coordinator
RE: Economic Development Officer
1600 2nd Ave
Three Hills, AB T0M 2A0