Lamont County is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Planning & Community Services, this individual is responsible for creating an opportunity for Lamont County to become a sustainable community where there is balance between economic growth, social well being, and environmental awareness.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing and implementing an Economic Development Framework which includes a Business attraction, Retention and Expansion Strategy and Tourism awareness. Work collaboratively with Regional Partnerships:
- Alberta Industrial Heartland Association
- Alberta HUB
- Go East of Edmonton Tourism
- Work collaboratively with the five urban municipalities within the County.
- Foster and maintain working relationships with other levels of government and stakeholders.
- Maintain current economic development information from regional, provincial, national and international sources and respond to information requests from the general public, business and industrial community including the Alberta Industrial Heartland Association. This will include the preparation of profile bid packages as required for industrial, commercial and residential bidding opportunities.
- Prepare reports, make presentations and provides professional advice to the Director of Planning and Community Services, the CAO and Council and assists in the logistics of all economic development functions as required.
- Develop and implement a tourism strategy.
- Be responsible for carrying out established policies, recommending changes and drafting new policy as directed.
- Work with the Agricultural Fieldman on Agriculture/Economic Development Initiative Strategy, including a value-added Hemp Industry Strategy,
- Provide leadership, guidance and administrative support to local business development organizations as directed by the Director of Planning and Community Services and/or the CAO.
- Enhance tourism in the region and represent the County as the liaison with the Ukrainian Heritage Village, Elk Island Park and Metis Crossing.
- Prepare annual economic development and tourism budget and cost control throughout the year.
- Assume other related duties as deemed necessary by the Director of Planning and Community Services.
- Evening and weekend work may be required along with business travel.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Post secondary education, preferably in economic development/business related field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in economic development.
- Economic Developer Alberta (EDA) membership is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of energy sector, specifically Alberta industrial heartland.
- Proficient computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office applications.
Lamont County is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees, all personnel are governed by the County’s Health & Safety Program. A clean driver’s abstract and criminal record check are requested as a pre-condition upon employment.
This position is based on a 35 hour work week, Monday through Friday. Lamont County offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit package and participation in the Local Authorities Pension Plan. This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Lamont County thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes are retained on file for a period of 6 months.
Please forward your application in one of the following ways: