An excellent opportunity exists for a highly motivated and dynamic junior/intermediate level Economic Development Officer (EDO) to join our committed team.
Reporting to the City Manager the EDO will actively build relationships and support initiatives that will attract investment and support business retention and expansion activities.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Identify and implement innovative strategies that enhance business and services to attract targeted residents, businesses and organizations that align with the City’s strategic plan.
- In conjunction with the City’s communication team, develop a communication plan and ensure proper content is provided for the website and social media.
- Participate in the overall budget process to ensure that City departments are allocating optimum resources to make Camrose an attractive city for existing and new businesses, people and organizations.
- Coordinate and liaise with local and regional organizations, businesses, community development groups, individuals and representatives of government.
- Research, networking, and strategic planning as it related to community economic development and commerce.
- Maintain familiarity with available Provincial or Federal grant programs and agencies that may have relevant funding initiatives or services that will enhance economic development.
- Represent the City on boards, regional, territorial and national meetings, trade shows and conferences, etc. relevant to economic development.
- Provide support and serve as an advocate within the City administration assisting local businesses and potential developers through the necessary regulatory requirements and approvals to be successful.
- Develop reports, make presentations and provide professional advice to City Manager and Council as required.
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in economic development, business, marketing or a related discipline is preferred, however equivalent experience may be considered.
- Member of the Economic Developers Association of Canada (EDAC) and/or Alberta (EDA) or the eligibility to become a member.
- Familiarity with the local business environment considered an asset.
- Strong business acumen and ability to effectively perform in a local government setting. Familiarity with the Municipal Government Act and knowledge of planning and development is considered an asset.
- Advanced skills in facilitation, presentations and public speaking.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office suite.
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License. The successful candidate will be required to operate a personal vehicle for business purposes.
Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to the email address below or in person by February 22, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
We appreciate and consider all applications; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.