About This Role:
The City of Chestermere is currently seeking a full-time (40 hours per week) Emergency & Risk Management Specialist to join our Community Safety Team.
Reporting to the Director, Community Safety/Fire Chief, the Emergency & Risk Management Specialist is responsible for the development and implementation of organizational and community emergency management plans and programs, risk identification, and insurance claims management.
- Acts as a Deputy Director (DDEM) for the Chestermere Emergency Management Agency (CHEMA) in the leadership and operations of the Emergency Coordination Centre (ECC).
- Develops emergency preparedness plans and programs and ensures all resources & materials are in working condition and kept up to date.
- Designs and administers emergency/disaster preparedness training including tabletop exercises for CHEMA members and partner agencies.
- Develops and recommends emergency preparedness and response training for internal staff.
- Leads the identification, measurement, and management of company-wide risk.
- Identifies potential corporate risk exposures, recommends solutions, implements approved programs, promotes loss prevention, and updates and monitors compliance.
- Coordinates and the insurance procurement process and submits insurance policy renewal data.
- Provides timely notification of claims to insurance carriers, manages insurance claims and supports related litigation, if required.
- Develops and communicates plans to address loss events and identified risks.
For more details and information, please review the job-description at www.chestermere.ca/jobs
Required Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Emergency Management or related discipline.
- Education &/or experience in complementary areas of Risk Management and Training & Development are preferred.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in emergency and risk management.
- Experience in managing insurance claims and processes.
Working for the City of Chestermere:
As one of Alberta’s fastest growing municipalities, the City of Chestermere has rapidly evolved from a charming summer village into a dynamic lakeside community with over 20,000 residents.
By demonstrating the City’s values, employees at the City of Chestermere use their strengths and unique abilities to create an Amazing Chestermere by contributing to amazing neighbourhoods, pursuing amazing partnerships, seeking amazing opportunities, supporting an amazing quality of life and building amazing relationships.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume referencing Job Competition 2021 Emergency & Risk Management Specialist to:
City of Chestermere
105 Marina Road,
Chestermere, Alberta, T1X 1V7
Attention: B. Pomrenke
Fax: (403) 207-7080
Note: The City appreciates receiving resumes from all qualified individuals, however only those applicants who are short-listed for an interview will be contacted.