The Town of Innisfail invites applications for a self-motivated professional for the position of Engineering Coordinator. The ideal candidate will be dedicated to a high level of customer service, have experience working in a municipal setting and be able to work both independently and as part of a team. This unique individual must have the ability and desire to serve within the values of trust, integrity and respect within the principles of transparency, teamwork, pride and fun.
The Town of Innisfail, population 8,000 is located within the central Alberta core and offers modern amenities, regional tourist attractions, and easy access to the major urban centres of Red Deer and Calgary.
Reporting to the Director of Operational Services, the Engineering Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the functions related to general municipal engineering, infrastructure operations and maintenance, and land development related matters.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintains the Town's design guidelines and standards, assist with their application and interpretation and reviews and recommends changes from time to time
- Prepares reports, data and research materials on various topics relating to the planning, design and ongoing operation of municipal infrastructure systems
- Provides input into the design of capital works and other projects and prepares applications for agency/governmental approvals where needed. Maintains the Town’s capital planning documents
- Assists with the maintenance, updating and filing of engineering plans, drawings and documents
- Assists in the maintenance of infrastructure information systems (GIS and maps) through updates, field verification and coaching of other staff
- Coordinates with contract engineers and contractors in the completion of capital projects
- Assists with implementation of Town's safe working policies and safety expectations relating to Town capital projects
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director
- Diploma related to civil engineering or equivalent; must be eligible for P.Eng or CET designation
- Minimum of two years directly related experience; municipal experience is an asset
- Good understanding of municipal infrastructure, construction practices, project management and contract administration
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software products (word, powerpoint, excel, email); proficiency in the use of Autocad and GIS related products
- Knowledge of land development activities and building processes and activities
- Ability to successfully communicate in verbal, written and graphic forms
- Good time management and organization skills
The Town of Innisfail offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes in PDF format in confidence by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, July 19, 2019 to:
Town of Innisfail
Attention: Erica Vickers, Finance Manager
4943 53 Street
Innisfail, Alberta, T4G 1A1
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.