Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the CAO, Economic Development and Mayor & Council. Responsibilities include confidentiality, handling sensitive political issues and public concerns, researching and compiling background information, arranging meetings and appointments, maintaining office administration and records management processes and procedures, responding to and/or redirecting inquiries/ communications and completing special projects.
Under the direction of the CAO and Economic Development, this person will be required to perform duties in the following areas:
- Provide administrative support to the CAO and Economic Development, as well as support to Mayor and Members of Council as required;
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the administrative processes and high level understanding of the Department’s functions;
- Prepare meeting agendas, schedules and minutes for the CAO, Council and Economic Development Officer. (Required to attend all Council Meetings to take minutes)
- Draft correspondence, replying to/initiating action on routine matters;
- Co-ordinate and schedule municipal functions, community special events;
- Draft communications, including media releases, speaking notes, research reports, etc.;
- Arrange appointments, receive and respond to or direct telephone and public inquiries to the Mayor’s Office;
- Co-ordinate meetings, make travel arrangements; Organize and complete Council registration at training events, conferences/workshops/ seminars, including travel arrangements and expense reports;
- Provide assistance in the management of Community Events Calendar software and posting of events on digital signs and social media
- Will provide support to the communications plan and the coordination of Social Media Postings (Website, Facebook Twitter, Instagram) in conjunction with Economic Development
- Act as administrative liaison within/outside the Department; co-ordinate information and background material to assist in dealing with correspondence or inquiries requiring attention and for use at meetings;
- Monitor annual departmental budget and process invoices for payment;
- Manage daily workload, set priorities and meet required deadlines with conflicting demands and changing priorities.
- Maintain confidential information;
- Liaise with and be familiar with the workings of all departments;
- Knowledge of the Town of Vermilion’s Brand
- Can do attitude – a self-starter able to meet challenges, handle pressure, and resolve problems while maintaining a positive and focused outlook.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable interacting and working with senior level positions
- Adaptable and able to shift focus frequently
- Exhibit confidentiality and discretion with regard to private information
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Exceptional time management skills
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a senior-level administrative professional in a similar environment
- Work experience as an Executive Assistant, Office Administrator or similar role
- Completion of an office administration certification or other related designation
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Flexibility (may include some limited overtime)
- Other duties as assigned
This is a permanent full-time position.
The Town of Vermilion is an equal opportunity employer. This is a non-union position.
Usual hours of work are based on 37.5 hours over a five (5) day week. Ability to work outside regular business hours as required. A full benefits package will be offered. Final salary will be commensurate with experience
If you are seeking a challenging opportunity and possess the above mentioned qualifications, we would love to hear from you!