Welcome to the City of 100 Hellos! We are a welcoming and inclusive community and one of the most culturally diverse communities in Alberta, with a population of 14,451 and another 11,000 in the surrounding area.
The City of Brooks has an immediate opening for the position of Executive Assistant in the Administration Department operating out of City Hall. If you are an administrative professional and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, then this is the job for you! As our new Executive Assistant, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), Mayor and City Councillors.
Job Details & Responsibilities:
As the successful applicant, you will work side by side with the Mayor, City Council and our CAO. You will be responsible for the completion of special projects that will further enhance the City’s vision and strategic goals. Your sharp administrative skills will be utilized to provide support at regular City Council and Standing Committee meetings as well as assist other staff as required. As someone who is highly organized and possesses strong attention to detail, you will be tasked to prepare agendas, record minutes at meetings, coordinate schedules, plan informal and formal events, distribute items for City Council meetings, and provide exceptional customer service to the residents of Brooks.
- Completion of a Diploma in Business Administration, Office Administration or related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in an office setting or similar field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Ability to obtain a Commissioner for Oaths.
- Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Advanced organizational and time management skills.
- Strong ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and graphic design would be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with the Municipal Government Act and experience in interpreting bylaws, legislation and policies would be considered a definite asset.
Compensation & Benefits:
The City of Brooks offers a competitive salary and benefits package for this position. This is a full-time position with typical working hours from Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. This position may involve working some evenings and weekends, as required.
A clean criminal records check will be required before an offer of employment is presented to the successful applicant.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is chosen. The City of Brooks thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Brooks is an equal opportunity employer.
Please click the link below for more information on the position and to start your application process: