The Town of Redcliff, a thriving horticultural and industrial based community of approximately 5500 progressive residents, with excellent recreation facilities, presently has the following position available with the Administration Department.
The Executive Assistant is accountable to the Municipal Manager and is responsible for providing administrative and clerical services to the senior administration team and on occasion to Council members. The Executive Assistant performs functions of moderate complexity with minimal supervision and makes independent decisions based on established policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a certification from a recognized Administrative Office Professional program or equivalent professional experience.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in the use of a variety of software programs including: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat.
- Must have above-average English verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a work record and personal experience which would indicate self-motivation and the ability to work independently using sound judgement and appropriate decision-making skills.
- Must have a demonstrated ability in dealing with the public verbally and through written communication.
- Must be very accurate and have a keen sense of detail.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must have a proven ability to function as a team player.
- Must have cordial and efficient telephone manners.
- Must have and maintain a valid Class 5 Operator’s Licence.
- Must have and maintain no criminal record as a condition of employment.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands related to the position.
- Must be available to work evenings on the second and fourth Monday each month, with the exception of July and August (third Monday of those months).
- Experience using iCompass, Laserfiche, and WordPress would be considered an asset.
- Experience and a working knowledge of municipal government and provincial and municipal policies, legislation, processes, and procedures are desirable.
- An understanding of records management practices would be beneficial.
- Previous related experience, particularly in a public sector environment, is preferred.
- Technological problem-solving skills are considered an asset.
Standard of Performance
- Maintains confidentiality and gains and maintains the trust of Council and staff.
- Demonstrates an ongoing willingness to learn, adapt, and grow.
- Is able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Is able to take initiative to identify and resolve problems.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and accuracy in the work performed.
- Has demonstrated pride in the work they do.
- Is able to work collaboratively with and communicate effectively and positively with other team members, departments, and external municipal and provincial government personnel.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to interpret and apply relevant municipal/provincial legislation and bylaws/policies/procedures.
- Demonstrates professionalism by following proper code of ethics, work habits, dress standards, language usage, office policies and protocols, and is courteous to all.
- Shows flexibility to alternate between different types of work and responsibilities.
- Is able to manage time effectively, to juggle multiple deadlines and tasks, and to work within tight timeframes.
- Shows good verbal and written communication skills.
- Works independently and unsupervised, shows self-motivation, and demonstrates sound judgement and decision-making abilities.
- Is able to make sound decisions by using rational and logical judgement that reflects an understanding of the consequences of decisions.
- Has demonstrated skill in the use of business software including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, iCompass, Laserfiche, WordPress.
- Takes the initiative in pursuing education relative to the changing needs of the position.
Interested individuals are invited to submit, in confidence, a resume listing their qualifications, experience, education, and references by June 19,2021.
For more information, please visit https://redcliff.ca/employment/.
Resumes must be clearly marked with the position you are applying for and forwarded to:
Attention: Human Resources
Town of Redcliff
Redcliff, AB T0J 2P0
Resumes will also be accepted by fax at (403) 548-6623 or email at email@example.com.