The Executive Assistant is responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties in support of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The Executive Assistant schedules meetings/events and related travel, manages records and drafts correspondence and communiques. The Executive Assistant is the administrative contact for the Audit and Finance and Investment Advisory Committees and takes minutes at meetings. As well, the Executive Assistant is the key liaison with the property management company, logging maintenance tickets and supports reception. The Executive Assistant provides bookkeeping services to the Finance Department, enters all journal entries, performs bi-monthly bank reconciliations, and manages Customer, Vendor, and related EFT records. The Executive Assistant owns the Contract Management process, and manages all Membership applications and enquires, and is the CRM Power User for Membership Management and associated processes.
High School Diploma required.
Post-Secondary Diploma in Business Administration, or relevant discipline, preferred.
4+ years' experience in an Administrative role and/or Office Manager preferred.
Experience working with Board and committees.
Experience working in a financial team is an asset.
Experience working with accounting software is desirable.
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, assume initiative, comply with deadlines, and to work concurrently on a variety of tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills for developing effective work relationships with senior management, staff, service providers, and clients.
- Positive, poised, and professional working style with the ability to protect confidential information and use discretion and tact.
- Highly organized team player, flexible and adaptable to change.
- High attention to detail, ensuring accuracy and thoroughness.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong knowledge of office procedures and practices.
- Good knowledge of basic bookkeeping.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to help where and when needed.
- Experience with SharePoint is desirable.
- Meeting coordination, coordinate the collection of agenda materials, take minutes, and forward board recommendations/information for the Audit & Finance and Investment Advisory Committees.
- Meeting coordination, effectively build agendas, alternate in take minutes/notes for Executive Assistant meetings, discuss and carry out decisions for the interoffice coordination of administrative duties.
- Maintain CFO Outlook calendar and assist with scheduling for the CFO and Senior Directors meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements.
- Arrange catering for all Finance meetings and committees as requested.
- Review all documents, reports, and correspondence for format, content, grammar, and spelling and make edits as necessary.
- Filing for the CFO and Senior Directors.
- Maintain contract filing and contract tracking system, and further develop contract management process.
- Maintain organization of the finance documents and folders on SharePoint.
- Maintain finance contacts list, team staff vacation calendar, and update manual for position.
- Release of cheque and EFT payments for all invoices.
- Create expense claims for CFO, and Senior Directors reporting to the CFO.
- Responsible for mailing of all finance department created invoices.
- Process new membership applications, track membership terminations, maintain membership system and coordinate website updates.
- Cross-train on receptionist position to provide back up as may be required.
- Ensure office environment is safe, secure, clean and well maintained, as the Safety and Wellness committee Chair.
- Coordinate ergonomic assessments for staff, and coordinate orders and installs for recommended equipment, and maintain tracking for same.
- Meeting coordination, effectively build agendas and Chair the Safety and Wellness Committee, facilitate and track Property Management meetings.
- Building maintenance, working, and corresponding with Property Manager on maintenance issues.
- Source appropriate vendors for building projects and services, and to track progress.
- Source and order office furniture, interior cleaning services, and communication to staff for same.
- Negotiate annual agreement pricing with hotel and rental vehicle vendors.
- Verify, match and code invoices for orders (furniture, storage, conference call, orders for Social Committee events etc.)
- Maintain procedure for building and workstation keys.
- Co-ordinate annual participation in Corporate Challenge.
- Enforcing Policies, Procedures, and Regulations.
- Maintain an efficient and orderly work area.
- Perform other duties and tasks as requested or required.
- Bookeeping Services:
- Perform Bi-Monthly Bank Reconciliations for all bank accounts
- Enter all Journal Entries accurately and in a timely manner
- Manage Petty Cash and Social Club Funds, reconcile on a quarterly basis
- Assist with preparation of materials for annual Audit
- Provide customer service to all internal and external users of the P-Card Program, including setting up new customers, adjusting users and credit limits, and provide monthly invoice and backup. Work with BMO to continually improve the product.
- Manual dexterity required to operate computer and peripherals.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Environment can be noisy at times.
- Ability to multi-task as workflow can and will be interrupted on a daily basis.
Applicants are asked to email cover letters and resumes no later than August 26, 2019 by 4:30 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alberta Urban Municipalities Association thanks all applicants in advance, however, only those being considered will be contacted.