The Northern Lights Library System (NLLS) Executive Committee is currently recruiting an Executive Director.
Northern Lights Library System (NLLS) is in Elk Point, Alberta and serves, along with a population of 174,483 people within 54 Municipalities, 7 First Nations and 4 Metis Settlements through a network of 47 public libraries (including school-housed libraries). NLLS and our partners, The Regional Automation Consortium (TRAC) shares Polaris; a leading-edge library software that brings numerous new possibilities to the way services are delivered to members. Elk Point is two hours from Edmonton in a beautiful rural setting and surrounded by several larger centers within half an hour’s drive. Further information is available at www.nlls.ab.ca
Currently seeking a dynamic leader to continue to transform the Library’s facilities and culture and to champion the evolving and increasingly important role of the library in the region. The Executive Director reports directly to the Executive Committee of the NLLS Board. Responsible for 19 staff, all library services along with strong oversight and development of an annual budget of approx. $3,000,000.
- Be able to provide library services to rural and urban areas
- All internal function of NLLS
- Human Resources
- System Operations
- Advocacy on various levels including Provincial and Federal Government bodies
- Team building environment, safe/respectful workspace, building relationships
- Public image of the organization/Diplomacy/Integrity/Accountability
- Excellent customer service skills
- Collaboration/Effective communication/Presentation
- Knowledge base for current trends, library related issues and events, emerging technologies, and the willingness to remain current and relevant
- SWOT / Strategic Planning
- Role Mode – Time Management /Preparedness/Mentoring
- Knowledge of the Libraries Act and Libraries Regulations
The successful candidate will possess a strong managerial and business acumen. Bachelor of Business Administration or Commerce Degree is ideal. An MLIS/MLS from an ALA accredited program and progressive library management experience is beneficial.
This position offers a comprehensive benefit package. Salary is negotiable and will correspond with experience and qualifications. Northern Lights Library System is an equal opportunity employer.
This position will close Oct 16, 2020 interested parties to email resume and cover letter to Vicky Lefebvre NLLS Board Chair via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their applications; however only those selected for an interview.