Camrose and District Support Services (CDSS) is seeking a highly motivated team leader to support the CDSS board, staff and community partners in meeting the preventive social service needs of Camrose and area. CDSS is the FCSS program for the City of Camrose, Camrose County, and five Villages within the County.
As a team leader with a visionary approach, the CDSS Executive Director effectively juggles human resources and internal operations with external liaison and community development. A management approach that balances respect for staff and program autonomy while safeguarding the organizational integrity of CDSS as a whole is critical.
This is a multi-faceted position requiring diverse qualifications, education and experience, including
- A relevant undergraduate degree; Master’s Degree strongly preferred
- At least five years’ experience in a senior management position
- Strong financial management skills: solid capacity for budgeting and financial planning, and ability to comprehend financial statements essential; experience with audits an asset
- Experience with project, program and fund development, including writing successful proposals and preparing comprehensive program reports (outcomes and financial)
- Experience writing, reviewing, revising and implementing operational and personnel policy
- Familiarity and experience with applicable regulatory guidelines and/or legislation an asset
- Experience working with and/or serving on one or more boards of directors
- Appreciation for the principles of community development and ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of community partners and agencies
- Flexibility, with adaptable planning skills and a thoughtful approach to critical problem-solving
- High degree of empathy and emotional maturity; capacity for sound judgement and personal responsibility
- Use of a personal vehicle and flexible working hours are needed for this position
- Proof of current Criminal Record Check Required
The application deadline is May 21, 2021 with a start-date of August 1. Cover letters and resumes with three references can be emailed in confidence to CDSS Board Chair Doug Lyseng: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CDSS thanks all applicants in advance; however, only those invited to interview will be contacted.
Cover letters with three references can be emailed in confidence to CDSS Board Chair Doug Lyseng: email@example.com.