The Community Services Department is seeking a dynamic, energetic person with a great work attitude to join a team of like-minded people.
The Facility Maintenance Worker is responsible for maintaining Town buildings in good operational condition to serve the ongoing needs of staff and the public while practicing safe work procedures. This position requires afternoons, evenings and weekend work.
The Facility Maintenance Worker:
- Performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled facilities maintenance tasks, including plumbing, mechanical, carpentry, floor care and basic electrical work; operates hand and power tools.
- Works on assigned projects, and makes appropriate decisions based on work experience; duties will vary according to job assignment and individual skills; notifies supervisors of repair problems beyond the scope of authority.
- Performs repairs, preventive maintenance and component replacement on plumbing, electrical, and mechanical systems; works with Senior Maintenance Workers on major repair projects as assigned.
- Utilizes proper safety precautions in all work performed; reports problems and emergency situations.
- Cleans up spills and unsafe conditions in a timely manner and according to procedures.
- Inspects and maintains assigned equipment and small tools for proper operating condition; completes minor repairs on equipment as needed.
- Operates vehicles and equipment in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures; identifies and reports mechanical problems requiring additional repair.
- Hold a current Class 5 Driver License and current First Aid and CPR.
- Possess the knowledge and ability to operate equipment utilized for facilities operations and green space and parks maintenance.
- Excellent verbal, written and public relation skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Mechanically inclined with some small pump and mechanical repair experience.
- RFP Building Maintenance 1 and 2 and Pool Operator 1 and 2, would be an asset.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Facilities Maintenance setting.
The Town of Slave Lake offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
A detailed position description is available at www.slavelake.ca
Resumes will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. Friday, March 12, 2021.
Send your resume to:
Town of Slave Lake,
10 Main Street S.W., P.O. Box 1030
Slave Lake, AB T0G 2A0
Fax: (780) 849-2633