FCSS is looking for a highly motivated professional, team-oriented leader with an affinity for public relations and community networking. Possessing strong supervisory and business management skills are a must.
The Director’s vision will contribute to the ongoing operation of the current initiatives and provide a strong foundation for future growth.
The role of the Director is;
- To ensure the overall philosophy, guidelines, policies and programs developed by the board are carried out in a manner consistent with the FCSS Act and Regulations honoring the local agreement between the 3 municipalities Tofield, Ryley and Beaver County (west).
- To assist individuals and/or groups in gaining access to needed support services. To identify local needs and to develop preventative social programming to meet the needs of children, youth and families in Tofield, Ryley and Beaver County (west).
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Budget, financial planning and reporting of the department.
- Hires and supervises all staff and volunteers
- Foster good working relationships between FCSS board members, staff and partners.
- Promote volunteerism and community spirit through collective efforts to meet local needs.
- Research funding sources which include proposal development
- Ability to facilitate groups, delivers community presentations, provide support and make referrals for children, youth, families and individuals.
- Represent FCSS on community boards, groups and committees.
- Oversee FCSS programs and projects, whether provided directly or in partnership with others.
- Have the capacity, motivation and professionalism to liaise with levels of government and with other community service providers.
- Post-secondary education related to Management/Human Services/Community Development/etc and or equivalent education and experience in the field.
- Experience in FCSS programs and there successful implementation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office programs.
- Previous experience in financial planning, monitoring and budgeting
- Previous experience in developing preventative social programs
- Supervisory experience. Ability to lead coach and mentor and provide support while fostering a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Valid drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle
Salary and benefits to commensurate with experience.
Email or fax resumes to:
Town of Tofield
Attention: Jeff Edwards, CLGM – Assistant Chief Administrative Officer
Box 30, 5407 – 50 Street
Tofield AB, T0B 4J0
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We appreciate and consider all applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.