Finance and Development Coordinator
Temporary Full-Time Position (12 -18 Months - possibility of becoming permanent)
The Corporate Services Department is seeking a dynamic, energetic person with a great work attitude, for a temporary position (12-18 months) with the potential to become permanent. This is a temporary fulltime position (36.25 hours/week)
- Experience with budget preparation and monitoring
- Assist with the preparation of departmental and Municipal annual long range financial plans.
- Assist in year-end Financial Statement preparations and audit.
- Assist in ensuring insurance claims and registrations are processed.
- Administer tracking and compliance reports.
- Experience with Great Plains/Diamond accounting program an asset.
- Lead special projects as required (financial, data and information management, records management, etc.).
- Implement approved policies, plans and programs for the finance and development. functions of the Municipality.
- Assist public and ratepayers with inquiries and concerns.
- Establish and maintain positive and constructive relations with the public and all other contacts encountered on the job.
- Sound working knowledge of the Land Use Bylaw, Municipal Government Act (MGA), as well as other bylaws, regulations, and policies as applicable.
- Evaluate development proposals and apply relevant development processes as per policy and legislation.
- Review files upon construction completion to ensure conformance with bylaws.
- Undertake enforcement action of the Land Use Bylaw as required.
- Prepare and present written reports and recommendations as required for discretionary. use and variance applications, bylaw amendments, Municipal Planning Commission meetings, and Subdivision and Development Appeal Board hearings.
- Assist in the evaluation of development proposals.
- Provide land use information and development information to the public and contractors
- Issue file review letters.
- Research for various projects, compile information, conduct surveys, review best practices and provide recommendations as needed.
- Remain up-to-date of and maintain current and upcoming legislative requirements in relation to Planning.
- Prepare written reports, documents, Council agenda items, applications, etc.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Director.
As a member of the Corporate Services Department, you will be working as a team to provide timely and accurate information to the public regarding finance and development information. You are an ideal candidate for this position if you are a dynamic, self-motived individual, capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
The following qualifications are required for this position:
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent. Preference will be given to the applicant with a diploma in Finance, Planning or equivalent
- Conversant with planning issues, process, and administration
- Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of three years finance and/or planning and development related experience in a municipal government setting
- Exceptional communications skills and ability to work with the general public
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft programs
- Possession and maintenance of valid driver’s license
Birch Hills County provides a competitive salary and benefits package.
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
If you feel that you have the qualifications and desire to be a part of the Birch Hills County Team, please submit your resume to the following address (this competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found):
Birch Hills County
PO Box 157
Wanham AB T0H 3P0
Attention: Shelley Braun
Re: Job #21-02