Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the Finance and Grants Coordinator is a self-starter who is responsible for general accounting, cash management, assisting with budget creation and assisting with the year-end. In addition to financial duties you are responsible to secure and ensure optimal utilization of all grant funding available to the Town of Sundre, prepare and submit grant applications, manage and report grants received and provide information to interested parties.
The Ideal Candidate:
You will leverage strong accounting and research skills, and build relationships with internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Holds a degree, diploma or certification in accounting
- 4+ years of financial experience
- Experience writing proposals and finding grant opportunities considered an asset.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Sound knowledge of Financial reporting and processes, budgeting, internal controls and procedures
- Grant writing; knowledge of federal, provincial, and municipal grant programs
- Strong research skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- High degree of personal initiative, integrity, professionalism and political sensitivity
A complete job description found under our careers tab at www.sundre.com.
Hours of Work: This is a part-time 0.8 FTE, permanent position, work-week is based on 28 hours, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm; working 4 days between Monday and Friday.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please submit your resumé and a covering letter quoting Competition # 19-003 to:
Town of Sundre
717 Main Avenue West
PO Box 420, Sundre, AB. T0M 1X0
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 403.638.2100
While we appreciate your interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. This positng will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Personal Information will be used to determine eligibility for potential employment and is pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy act.