The County of Vermilion River is seeking a highly motivated person to join our team as Finance Manager. The Finance Manager, reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, is responsible for the financial operation of the County. The successful candidate should be passionate about the public sector and have a strong desire to positively infleunce public finance.
- A degree in Accounting or related field(CPA designation is preferred)
- 5 years of financial management experience in a municipal organization
- In-depth knowledge of the MGA, public policy and public administration is preferred
- Strong expertise with accounting and finance principles
- Knowledge and experience with Diamond, WorkTech and Pearl systems is an asset
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Project management skills to effectively work on various tasks and projects in order to meet deadlines
- Carry out all Statutory duties and requirements as set out in the MGA
- Management of Finance staff including Payroll, A/P, A/R and Reception
- Manage the day-to-day financial functions, in addition to the short and long term financial operations of the County
- Audit - Lead the annual audit cycle; preparation of working papers, journal entries, lead sheets, debenture and reserve entries, year-end reports and financial statement preparation
- Budgeting - Coordination and preparation of operational and capital budgets in conjunction with the Management team
- Preparation of department monthly financial statements
- Tangible Capital Asset management
- Analysis and forecasting of operations, purchases, trends, revenue sources, etc.
- Grants management
A competitive salary and comprehensive municipal benefits package is available. The successful candidate must be legally entitled to work in Canada and will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and Driver's Abstract. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Applications clearly marked: "CONFIDENTIAL - Finance Manager" can be submitted by November 20, 2020 to:
Human Resources Manager,
County of Vermilion River
4912 - 50 Avenue, Box 69
Kitscoty, AB T0B 2P0