The Town of Rocky Mountain House, population 6,635, is located 85 km west of Red Deer. The Town of Rocky Mountain House is seeking an energetic individual with excellent communication, time management and coordination skills, combined with a high degree of professional judgment for the position Finance Officer.
You will be working in a vibrant community at the doorstep to the Rocky Mountains and outdoor adventure. We have all the amenities and more. Living in Rocky Mountain House you can experience live arts, concerts, all sports or belong to one of the multiple community organizations. Town amenities include the Christenson Sports and Wellness Centre, the Credit Union Co-op Aquatic Centre, skateboard park, ball diamonds, parks, extensive trail system and playgrounds. The Town’s strong business sector provides all the services and shopping you will need. Your co-workers are focused on providing great public service and having fun while doing so.
This position is responsible for the managing the day-to-day functions of the Town's financial system including maintenance and operation of the Town's municipal accounting software and the supervision of finance staff. This includes preparation of financial reporting which includes assisting with year-end audit and budgeting, staff supervision and compliance with legislative requirements.
Interested applicants should possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Accounting designation or equivalent experience is required. Post-Secondary Education in business or accounting is required.
- Experience in municipal operations & management is desired as well as experience with an accounting firm conducting year ends and audits.
- Knowledge & experience with large system financial software is an asset, specifically Diamond Municipal Software
- Strong computer skills in excel and word are required.
- Self-motivated requiring a minimum of supervision
- Ability to deal with staff and the public in an easy and efficient manner
- The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications and includes a comprehensive benefits package. Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing how your experience and qualifications meet the requirements.
We thank all that apply however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The position will remain posted until filled. Candidates being considered will be required to undergo a Criminal Record Check.
Forward resume in confidence to:
Betty Quinlan, Director of Corporate Services
Town of Rocky Mountain House
Box 1509, Rocky Mtn House, AB T4T 1B2
or Email firstname.lastname@example.org